Tungsten boride, also known as black powder, has the following physical properties: molecular Formula WB2, with metal conductive, and is soluble in aqua regia. Purity>99%
Particle size range: 10-20um
About Tungsten Boride WB2:
Tungsten-boride consists of tungsten (tungsten) and boron. They are characterized by their high hardness. Vickers hardness is 20GPa of WB2 and 30GPa of WB4 tungsten diboride.
Tungsten boride density is 10.77 and tungsten boride melting point is about 2900degC. It is not a degrader of water, but can degrade aqua regina.
The powders of boron, tungsten and other metals are heated at a high temperature.
Tungsten-boride possesses comprehensive properties including high melting points, high hardness, and chemical stability. This new material is superhard and has a very high melting point. This material is important for the military as it's bulletproof.
The rich phase diagrams of tungsten-alloys and the structure of the different phases have been changing for more than fifty years.
The highest boron-containing boride (WB4) has a three dimensional grid of boron molecules. We combine the thermodynamics stability with the principal calculation and then study the thermodynamics stability and mechanical properties.
The highest boron to identify tungsten must be WB3 which is composed of plane boron molecules in two dimensions, and not WB4 which is composed of grids of three-dimensional boron molecules. It was discovered that the borate system's shear modulus transformed the energy of its formation. It was found that mechanical properties were closely related to thermodynamic stability.
A high-temperature, high-pressure sintering process is used to achieve the dense tungsten diboride due to WB2's free diffusion coefficient. This reduces the amount of tungsten diboride and increases its cost.
The boron content is not easily measurable when preparing WB2 from tungsten or boron powder.
It can also cause hypoborate to form during the sintering phase, and compact bulk materials with WB2 being the main phase will not be possible.
Please send us an email to receive the most recent tungsten boride price if you are interested in buying Tungsten Boride tungsten boride bulk.
How is Tungsten Boride WB2 produced?
1. After mixing and grinding the raw materials tungsten and boran, heat them and react above 1400°C to produce tungsten boreide. Continue the reaction to form W2B. Cool and crush this product.
2. Tungsten powder and stoichiometric boran powder are mixed at a ratio of 2:1 in a vacuum atmosphere or an argon environment at temperatures between 1200degC and 1300degC, to form two tungsten boreides.
3. Use the solid-phase method. Tungsten boride can be prepared by combining metal tungsten with boron. The reaction formula can be found below. The stoichiometric metal powder tungsten is mixed with elemental boron, then ground and molded. It is heated and reacted above 1400degC in order to produce tungsten Boride. Continue the reaction, resulting in W2B. The product is obtained by cooling and crushing the W2B.
Tungsten boride WB2 powder Feature
Tungsten boride powder Molecular formula: WB2
Tungsten boride powder CAS NO:12007-09-9
Tungsten boride powder density:10.77g/cm3
Tungsten boride powder melting point:2900
Solubility of Tungsten Boride powder
It does not dissolve in water. 100 can be decomposed by chlorine gas.
Tungsten boride powder Purity: >99%
Tungsten boride powder Particle size: 10-20um
Applications Tungsten Boride
Wear-resistant layer for wear parts.
WB compounds exhibit high melting points, high hardness, good conductivity, wear resistance as well as high temperature resistance and corrosion. The compounds are also used for structural materials, wear resistant materials, and electrodes. Materials and many other fields. Tungsten boride can be produced through the reaction between metal tungsten (metal tungsten) and element boron heated in an electric oven. It possesses the excellent properties of WB series compounds, and has wide application prospects in future.
1) Prepare the workpiece with the tungsten rich coating. This includes a workpiece base, a tungsten layer and a gradient layer of tungsten.
2) To produce a hard material made of tungsten, diboride is first synthesized at room temperature using tungsten powder (W) and boron powder (B). Then, in an argon atmosphere under a protective environment, high-temperature densification is used to achieve a bulk material. The method is able to obtain a compact tungsten-diboride material by sintering at normal temperatures and pressures. The tungsten-diboride bulk material is characterized by excellent properties including good stability, hardness and neutron absorption. It can be used for a variety applications, including cutting tools, new shielding materials, and corrosion-resistant material.
Tungsten Boride Powder:
As the damp reunion can affect WB2 dispersion, and its use, the powder must be stored in a dry and cool room. WB2 powder must also not be exposed to stress.
Packaging & Shipping tungsten boride powder WB2:
The quantity of WB2 powder and the type of packing we use will determine which one is best for you.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 packing: Vacuum packaging, 100g,500g or 1kg/bag; 25kg/barrel. Or as per your request.
Tungsten boride powder WB2 shipping: Could be shipped by sea, air, or by express as soon after payment receipt.
Technology Co. Ltd., () is an established global chemical material manufacturer and supplier with over 12 years' experience in the production of high-quality nanomaterials. These include boride powders, graphite or nitride particles, as well as sulfide and sulfide-based powders for 3D printing.
You can contact us to send an inquiry if you are interested in tungsten-boride powder. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tungsten Diboride Properties
|Alternative Names||tungsten boride, WB2 powder, tungsten boride WB2|
|Appearance||Gray Black Powder|
|Melting Point||2365 degC|
|Solubility In H2O||N/A|
|Vickers Hardness||20 GPa|
|Exact Mass||205.969544 g/mol|
|Tungsten Diboride Health & Safety Information|
PREVIOUS Boride Powder
NEXT Boride Powder
15+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
14+ years of experience
Over $50+ million in sales
Titanium nitride is known as TiN powder, the melting point is higher than that of most transition metal nitrides, but the density is lower than most metal nitrides, so it is a heat-resistant material. Purity: 99.5% Particle Size: 1-3um About Titani…
Iron-based metal is used widely in 3D-printing thin-walled parts and devices, cold and hot spraying, laser coating, and the biomedical field. 316 alloy is an austenitic universal stainless steel with a face centered cubic structure. About 316 Powde…
Copper sulfide has the chemical formula CuS. It is dark brown and extremely insoluble.Particle size: 100mesh Purity: 99.99% Product Name: CuS Powder Copper Sulfide Powder CAS 1317-40-4 Purity: minimum 99% Coppersulfide, or coppersulphide, is an ino…